Friday, March 15, 2013

Machu Picchu : my magical adventure

   

 Now that the tedious part is out of the way, I can share more about the sweet little moments that filled my day. However, I’m finding it difficult to describe my experience without making it sound like I’m a travel agent trying to sell you on coming to “find yourself at the mystic Incan Ruins”, so I’ll let my pictures tell my story for me.  


Early morning fog, but this was one of the first pictures I took at the opening once you walk to the top. You can see how it is literally a maze all over made of rock sidewalks and green terrace. 

Llamas roam freely on the terraces. They’re really personable- probably from the millions of tourist they see each year. Cusco is filled with llamas and alpacas, so this wasn’t a huge surprise, I just think they’re adorable and so gentle! 

Our guide told us that one of the amazing things about the structure of M.P, is that the rocks above are so heavy and massive, it is hard to understand just how they managed to get the huge pieces all the way  up the mountain. They walls and buildings are formed so perfectly together, that not even a paper can slide between rocks. Although located on two faults, M.P has withstood multiple earthquakes with no severe damage.

Part of the temple of the Sun.


Thought to have been some sort of Astrological stone, located near the Temple of the Sun.


Possibly my favorite thing I saw, since I’m a huge lover of crystals. The Intihuatana stone, thought to be an astrological clock, naturally drew in my attention. It is said that each Incan temple had one of these stones, that hold high energy, but the Spanish Conquistadors ruined them when they invaded. Since M.P is the only site that the Spaniards never found, it is the last remaining stone. The energy of the quartz and other minerals are definitely still thriving today and can be felt just in the presence. I even got to touch it, I was beyond stoked. 

Lush mountainous jungle and slivers of the muddy Urubamba river surround the floor. 

Those were just a few of my favorite pictures, this link contains the millions of others taken, while I was in full on tourist mode. As I’ve mentioned in my past post, the important advice I can share about going to Machu Picchu is to really slow down, enjoy the day and only focus on the present moment. Everyone is there for the same reason, so you really arn’t going to be bothering anyone by going slow and taking lots of picture. At the same time, don’t get too caught up in capturing the moment, that you forget to embrace it. You are in the middle of the jungle, 8,000 feet high- nothing else should matter. I hope that some of you have come across my page because you are planning a future trip of your own, it is truly breath taking and should be at the top of everyone’s bucket list!   Has anyone else been here and have any other tips, or adventure memories to share ?

xx SLW 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments and advice !