Monday, November 4, 2013

Los Niños de San Pedro

It's been such a crazy busy past few months, after my Yoga training in Nicaragua- I got a huge calling to head North to Guatemala. Not knowing anyone in Guatemala, or where exactly I wanted to go, I was lead to San Pedro La Laguna. After just a few days of being in this amazing town on Lake Atitlan, I knew that I was on my path. Good omens and signs were coming up all over, eventually leading me to two public schools, that needed at English teacher- and to students that needed much more than that.


I stayed in Guatemala for about a month, before having to come back home to take care of some things for my University. However, I will be going back in January, to teach English at the two schools, Chuasinayi and Pacucha. Until then, I am currently collecting donations so that when their school year starts in January we will have some surprises for the students :) The most important thing to me is building libraries. These students have no access to books- educational or for leisure reading. They are starving for inspiration, and deserve the chance to expand their minds. I also hope to provide more matierals for the classrooms, and supplies for students in need. Below is a video about the project, and if you are interested in donation or have any ideas to help please visit 

Gofundme.com/kidsofsanpedro  



xx SLW


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments and advice !