Tuesday, August 13, 2013

An adventure soon begins...

     A much anticipated week has begun in my life. As of this Thursday, I will be flying into Costa Rica, and then onto Nicaragua where I will be spending the next two months traveling around a bit in the Southern beaches of Nica, and finally to Pochomil for a Yoga Teacher Training 200 hours with Its Yoga Nica at Los Cardones Surf Lodge. 

     As soon as my feet sank into U.S Soil last May, I had a longing feeling for being free again, walking along the road of life, going with the flow like the wind. It's been a long year of working hard, and focusing on what I want to get out of life. I have definitely had some memorable times being back here in Jacksonville Beach, and have met some of the most amazing people- something that I never envisioned being possible. Honestly, growing up here all I wanted to do was get out, but the last year has taught me that it is true, life is what you make out of it. A year filled with a summer in New York, festivals shows, a road trip with my family, birthday in Miami, and many, many beach parties under luna's radiating light. 

    Time living at home with my family, saving money, has given me a great opportunity I am so thankful for- being able to slow down and concentrate on things that will better me as a person, and help to fulfill my goals in life. Such as, getting my Teaching English as a Second Language certificate, soon to be my YTT 200 hours, and I have also decided to go back to school (online) studying Early Childhood Development. Spending time with my mom and brother has been so much fun and comforting- having not lived with them for almost four years prior. Although I am only scheduled to be gone about two months, you never know where life can take you, which path may lead you to foreign lands and new souls. My gut feelings just keep telling me that Nicaragua is just the beginning, a stepping stone, of the amazing year ahead of me for 2014. As enjoyable as it has been recapping my adventures from last year in South America, those will be put on hold for the moment, while I am keeping up to date in Nicaragua. So keep reading for many new stories and tips ahead !! 

    And now, the hardest thing I will do all week, begin packing. My friend gave me her greatest advice for traveling today, "Always bring half as much stuff, and twice as much money." I will have to keep that in mind as my packing list is reaching a good two pages. Any good packing advice out there ??

xx SLW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments and advice !