Sunday, November 11, 2012

Nightlife: Cusco

I came to Cusco to volunteer, to escape my crazy busy life in Miami, and to chill. I had no idea that I was going to one of the most touristy places in South America. Cusco is filled with travelers from all over that all have one thing in mind, to party. Wether you are looking for a wild club and drugs to keep you up all night, or just to hang out at a bar and listen to live music; Cusco has it, and everything in between. I usually prefer to meet locals and veer away from touristy spots, but a lot of the girls I hung out with from the school like going to the mainstream clubs, so I ended up doing lots of both. So here goes my fav's :

- Wachuma: This is the little Reggae bar that my roommates own. They have awesome music all the time, and usually a band each night. Upstairs is super chill, with floor cushion seating. Everyone goes to just hang out, smoke, etc. Don't be surprised if you see the hippies come in later with their Didgeridoos or who knows what instruments, and start a drum circle up there. 


- Groove: Groove is the most popular club for sure. They have mostly house, European and American music. I'll be posting an entry about it next! 


-Ukuku's: Although I'm not huge on Latino music, I loved this place. It was the place where everyone was wasted or just having so much fun, it didn't matter what you did or looked like. We would dance here for hours! Some friends I made in a band Sin Nombre, were always playing here.. and there definitely worth seeing! 


-Wild Rover Hostel: I'd be surprised if you heard anyone even speaking Spanish here.. but it is always a wild time, hence the name ;) They have really good drink specials, like a huge jar for 5 s./ for a few hours each night. They also have drinking games, and really fun theme parties. 


-Siete Angelitos: This, and all the other little bars in San Blas are really awesome. They are more chill, but always have good bands playing, and are definitely less crowded! Siete Angelitos claims to have the best Mojitos in Cusco, is this true !? I'm not sure, but they do serve a killer Pisco Sour which I've grown to love. 


Everywhere I went to was always free to get in. Most of the bars and clubs around the Plaza de Armas will give you drink passes to get a free drink as well. They will also be whispering "coke.weed.marijuana.cociana." if that's your thing. I was really stoked because it seemed like I kept finding face paint all the time, which I LOVED. My favorite thing about drinking in Cusco is the giant Beers that all the bars sell.. if they sold 40's to people at the bars in America, it would be a hot mess. Do you have a different favorite spot in Cusco ? Let us know !









xx SLW 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your comments and advice !